Quick BBQ Sandwiches with Slaw
Recipe and picture from Cooking Light
- 1/2 cup unsalted ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Apricot jam, honey or brown sugar (I mixed in a few tablespoons of apricot jam to give the sauce a touch of sweetness. Optional.)
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine first 8 (or 9) ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1/4 cup ketchup mixture; set aside. Add pork to remaining ketchup mixture; turn to coat pork. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 5 minutes. Turn pork over; grill 6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 150°. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut pork diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 3. Arrange buns, cut sides down, in a single layer on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- 4. While pork grills, combine cabbage and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss. Let stand 10 minutes; drain. Place one bottom bun half on each of 4 plates; divide sliced pork evenly among buns. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon reserved sauce and about 1/2 cup slaw. Place top halves of buns on sandwiches.