Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Miso, Carrot and Sesame Dressing

In college I was mildly addicted to the ginger salad dressing at Wasabi. I would pour that stuff over everything. For years I've tried to find a bright orange, gingery dressing and I've finally found one that satisfies my craving. This dressing is the perfect balance of creamy miso, toasted sesame and sweet carrot and ginger. Love this over salad with chicken or salmon and it's so good drizzled over avocado.

Miso, Carrot and Sesame Dressing
Recipe and picture courtesy of Bon Appetit




  • 1/2 cup white miso
  • 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup (packed) finely grated peeled carrot
  • 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger
  • 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
  • 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons honey

  • Place all ingredients plus 1/2 cup water in a resealable container. Cover and shake vigorously until well combined. (I like to puree in my small blender.) DO AHEADCan be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.