Blueberry Chai Muffins
Recipe from www.paleomg.com
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chai blend tea bags, opened
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries (I used about 1/2 cup fresh)
- Muffin tin liners
- Coconut crystals (optional) or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grab your handy-dandy food processor. Combine wet ingredients in your food processor: dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Turn that wonderful food processor on and let run until you get a smooth, slightly wet paste.
- While your food processor does all the work for you, grab out a large bowl and combine your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chai tea bags, and cinnamon.
- Once your date mixture is well combine, add your wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is fully combined. The muffin mix should be slightly runny, but thicker than normal grain filled muffins :)
- Fold in your blueberries into the mixture.
- Now grab your muffin tin and line about 12 muffin centers with the liners.
- Fill 12 muffin tins with your delicious muffin mix.
- If you want a bit more sugar added to this recipe, top your muffins off with some agave or honey and coconut crystals (or shredded coconut) before you throw them in the oven. Coconut crystals are super sweet and act like sugar crystals. Optional though!
- Now throw those little suckers in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin to make sure it comes off clean. Let cool for 5 minutes.