It's officially springtime in our neighborhood and that means it's time to whip our lazy asses into shape! Started looking for some new dinner salads to add to the rotation and found a winner. I switched it up a bit and added some raw kale to the mix and used my favorite homemade ginger dressing rather than store bought. Great with pork, but also works well with chicken. Perfect sweet and spicy combo - enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.cookinglight.com
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch kale, center ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Miso, Carrot and Sesame Dressing (or your favorite store bought Asian dressing)
- 1. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; flatten each slice slightly with hand. Combine pork and Sriracha in a bowl, tossing to coat. Add sugar, garlic powder, and salt; toss well.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork mixture to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 3. Combine kale and about 1/4 cup dressing in a large bowl (eyeball the amount of dressing you'd like). Massage kale leaves with dressing until tender. Toss in spinach, bell pepper and avocado. Divide among serving bowls and top with pork. Serve with additional dressing on the side.